Terpene Tuesday: Terpineol
Therapeutic Uses of Terpineol
- Terpineol effectively kills bacteria.
- It’s also an antifungal agent.
- When used topically, it has anti-inflammatory effects.
- There’s some evidence that it can stop leukemia cells from spreading.
- Terpineol also slows the growth of tumors.
- It can reduce sensitivity to pain, which may be beneficial for people with fibromyalgia or people who take opiates.
- It has a relaxing, sedative effect.
Cannabis Strains with Terpineol
- Jack Herer
- White Widow
- OG Kush
- Girl Scout Cookies
Other Sources of this terpene
- Pine trees
- Tea tree oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Lapsang souchong tea
Terpineol as a Functional Ingredient
Our tinctures use herbs that have therapeutic properties that contribute to the entourage effect of the medicine. Skullcap is one of the powerful medicinal herbs that you’ll find in our Equanimity tincture. This tincture addresses sleep disturbances caused by anxiety, nervous tendencies or tension. (Tension often manifests as tension headaches.)
We target these specific complaints by carefully selected herbs that work synergistically with cannabis. Skullcap alone is an effective treatment for a wide range of nervous conditions including anxiety, ADD, and insomnia. Combining nutrient-rich herbs like skullcap, valerian, chamomile, and lemon balm with our Gold Country Afgoo creates quite the medicinal elixir!