Happy New Year! While 2016 was a great year for cannabis, we think 2017 is going to be even better. What changes do you want to see in 2017? Let us know in the comments or on our Facebook page.
1. Pot Matters: The New Scrutiny — “As a result, there will likely be more studies about marijuana in the next 10 years than there have been in the last several decades combined.” Yay!
2. Cannabis Decriminalization Movement Goes Global — While the wheels of international law spin slowly, the World Health Organization appears to be reconsidering its current anti-cannabis stance.
3. The Top Wellness Trends of 2017 — Cannabis is #3, which reflects the fact that most new cannabis users are using it for health instead of recreation.
4. Re-Hashing History: The Story of Cannabis — This gives a great overview of the history of prohibition in the US.
5. The 22 Most Enlightening Cannabis Studies from 2016 — Despite the challenges of researching cannabis, we learned a lot in 2016.
6. Six Predictions For The Marijuana Industry In 2017 — While I agree with most of these, I’m not sure we’ll see a huge demand for synthetic CBD. Instead, I think we’ll see pharmaceutical companies trying to create a demand for their synthetic products.
7. How to Engage Local Politicians on Cannabis in 2017 — For states that voted to legalize cannabis, local politics are now vital to keeping cannabis accessible. Make sure your voice is heard in your community.
8. What Might 2017 Mean for the World of Weed? — The Cannifornian offers a great explanation of the challenges the California cannabis community still faces. Make sure you hold your elected officials accountable.
9. New Year’s Resolutions for the Cannabis Community — 2016 was huge for cannabis, but every single victory was the result of ordinary people working hard for something they believed in. We can’t stop in 2017 and the Marijuana Times offers some great advice on how to keep going.
10. 7 US Politicians Who Support Cannabis Legalization — We already have allies in Congress, but let’s make sure this list grows all year long.
Thanks for reading! Have you signed up for our monthly newsletter? It goes out on the 1st and it’s a great way to keep up with what we’re doing here at Medicine Box.